There are several benefits we can gain using OTIXO such as,
- You can simply login to your online OTIXO account or set a network drive to access your online cloud storage accounts locally
- No need of sync to local storage which means save a reasonable disk capacity in your hard disk if you use several types of cloud services regular basis.
- No need to install software separately such as dropbox to access files locally. Once you set up OTIXO as a network drive that will be the only thing you may need.
- Easy to do the modifications on files and folders similarly as you do on the files on your local hard drive.
1) Go to OTIXO and register for a personal or business account as your choice.
2) After confirmation of the registration, go to Add Cloud Service and select Dropbox from right side bar and enter a name to your Dropbox folder in OTIXO. Then click Authorize via Dropbox button.
3) On next page Allow authorization to OTIXO via Dropbox
4) Now you can access all Dropbox files and folders under My Cloud Services area of your OTIXO account.
5) Next we have to map a network drive to access your OTIXO account in My Computer windows. To do that first go to Start –> Right Click on My Computer –> Select Map Network Drive
6) On the next window select a driver letter as your choice and enter https://app.otixo.com/webdav to the Folder Field. Then put a tick to Reconnect at logon if not. Then click Finish.
7) Then a login window will popup so you can use your OTIXO login details to access.
8) Then your newly created network drive is shown and can be accessed on My Computer window.
Now you can access your OTIXO account same as other partitions of your hard drive, Simple as that. Remember, you have to connect through the internet when you have to access the network drive. And also if you are heavily relied on cloud services, then you better go with OTIXO business account which offers unlimited bandwidth while the free user account is limited to 2GB of monthly bandwidth.